Search the forum,

Discuss I need a stiff one!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TomLane

Just put the heating on for the first time this year after constant nagging from the missus & her even getting our 3 year old daughter to have a go too!

Need to have a sit down & a stiff drink to take these cold sweats away!

I've tried it all, telling her to put more layers on, blankets on the kids in bed etc, even tried the old trick of saying the programmer & stat are kaput! All to no avail!

Just put the heating on for the first time this year after constant nagging from the missus & her even getting our 3 year old daughter to have a go too!

Need to have a sit down & a stiff drink to take these cold sweats away!

I've tried it all, telling her to put more layers on, blankets on the kids in bed etc, even tried the old trick of saying the programmer & stat are kaput! All to no avail! 

Snap, it's the same in my house.

I need to fit a more complex programmer. She's figured this one out.

My meters back to front so I've had it on since august...

(disclaimer: I am joking)

House I'm working in at the moment on a kitchen job.....they have the heating on all day every day and the gas fire on full blast. I'm sweating buckets in the kitchen especially when they come in to turn the cooker on.

I even said to her..." Jeez your gas bill must be astronomical"

She said "Its my husbands department I won't open the gas bill"

Mrs S very good in this regard.

She considers it a crime to have the heating on if there is only one person in the house.

She thinks its decadent to have the heating on under any circumstances if the outside temperature is above zero.

She make quilts for a hobby.

I think we a spend more on gas for cooking than we do for heating. :)

She considers it a crime to have the heating on if there is only one person in the house.

She thinks its decadent to have the heating on under any circumstances if the outside temperature is above zero.

How the other half live.

She's not in the market for a toy-boy is she?

I must admit, i think my heating has only been off for about 3 weeks this year. Thankfully i'm a plumber so can deal with the bills easily enough :wink:

my heating has been on full blast since about sept and the other meter will go back in aboyt april ,,,,,,ahem ;)

Jesus! I have heating on whenever I can. I love warm rooms. I even boost bathrooms when taking a dump. My mrs is ice maden tho. Meet back on our ufh is 15 mid is 18 and topper 19. Shed is a comfortable 21!!!!!

I've had this for weeks I don't feel the cold she does so I fitted a sauls internet roomstat that you can turn on and off with your smart phone from any where so I'm at work a text from the roomstat heating on. Like """" put in the code override the box in the house off then parental code lol phone call pete the heatings not working. Me oh I'll take a look when I get in ok

I've had this for weeks I don't feel the cold she does so I fitted a sauls internet roomstat that you can turn on and off with your smart phone from any where so I'm at work a text from the roomstat heating on. Like """" put in the code override the box in the house off then parental code lol phone call pete the heatings not working. Me oh I'll take a look when I get in ok

That's brilliant!

Have you ever looked at it though when you've got in? If you have, what excuse did you give for it not working?

I said to my missus earlier when ours went off

"oh I thinks it's the flux capacitor must need adjusting"

Her response,

"You've been watching too much Back to the Future! Get it back on or you won't be getting any tonight!"

That's brilliant!

Have you ever looked at it though when you've got in? If you have, what excuse did you give for it not working?

I said to my missus earlier when ours went off

"oh I thinks it's the flux capacitor must need adjusting"

Her response,

"You've been watching too much Back to the Future! Get it back on or you won't be getting any tonight!"

We we just moved in about 7 weeks new boiler pipes rads ect It's still running in love. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I need a stiff one!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
S
I wonder if anyone has any thoughts? Combi Logic 30 Boiler - constant pressure loss - no obvious leaking. Few years ago we got an error code...
Replies
Views
We have an outside tap that is about 50 years old and has just literally exploded. (Fortunately, I had already fitted an isolation valve when we...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock