Search the forum,

Discuss ideal isarrrgggghhhh he30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aligorgon

Was called to one today, running the hot water tap made the heating come on and no hot water out of tap...

so drained, disconnected all those stupid blocks and got to the diverter then replaced the cartridge (the old one was cracked in a few places) removed the plate HE and give that a flush through and then reassembled everything.

turned it on and boiler was calling for hot water and i got the d showing on the display. but burner wasn't igniting so i assumed i had put one of the connectors in the wrong place and swapped it with another (it was 30mins past finishing time by this stage and i know i should've checked the wiring diagram 1st) ... turned the boiler back on and POP from that dumb orange box

awesome... i love these things :-( so its a return visit in the morning

any ideas what could have been holding the burner off when running the hot tap ? the d was up on the display

not the dreaded orange pcb box that you can accidentally put the fan lead into another identically shaped connection and blow up the pcb...i hate those boilers..

ive done that and was 160 odd pound down, wounded. now its all about label label label.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the front rocker switch when the spade connector covers are fecked and when u energise pop. Arcs onto case!

No idea why the PCB decided to die on you but usual issue after draining these down is that the auto vent is clogged so any air in the hex isn't released... Because they have to pre-heat before opening the diverter to the heating the hex is full of air and never released .. Pump has nothing to 'pump'! .. that'll usually trip the boiler to o-heat/dry fire fault or the "- -" display on the user control!

ahh well more fun today with it..

picked up the orange box and swapped it out checked and double checked all the connectors were in the correct place.. in fact one of our sparks came over to check too...

turned it on and got the fan fault code so did the checks in the manual and picked up and new fan, fitted it, and connected it up. ... turned the boiler on and pop from the new pcb...

ffs....

opened the orange box and a nice black circle in the middle...

spoke to technical and they advised new wiring loom ...

its a HA contract so a new boilers getting fitted tomorrow ... fustrated isn't the word...

We always change the harness if you change the fan. Think the old one runs down back of hex and is un insulated. New ones have a thick black insulation round them.

We found out after it turns out another engineer burnt out 3 PCB's and replaced the fan twice..........
Boss wasn't happy! Haha.

A little tip..before pulling plugs on pcb.s snap it with your smartphone...

A little tip, if boiler is an Ideal Isar, tell them a new boiler is needed or make some lame excuse and walk away

Am I thinking of a different boiler? Only two plugs that are interchangeable ?

A little tip, if boiler is an Ideal Isar, tell them a new boiler is needed or make some lame excuse and walk away

Every time I see an Isar I always suck in through my teeth in front of the punter, this combined with a wee shake of my head usually conveys the gravity of the situation

Every time I see an Isar I always suck in through my teeth in front of the punter, this combined with a wee shake of my head usually conveys the gravity of the situation

You are time served then. An ametur just utters in the style of Danny fire , arrrr eggs n shells luv gonna need a new one. Betta wring govnor'

I hate bumin isars i have one to service next week that hasn't been done for age's apparently, the thought just sends shivers down my spine. The customers have only just bought the house I told them that the boiler was pants before they bought the house, but as usual they though I was just trying to sell them a new boiler ,I think they are going to find out the hard way.

If this has happened where the fan has blown the board, I've had this before. What had happened is the insulation pads had fallen down, the back had melted out the heat ex and then melted the fan harness, creating a short dc circuit. Boiler was totally wrecked. Actually a potential fire hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ideal isarrrgggghhhh he30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal Isar He30 ( yes I know they are crap!) the boiler works but the contol panel asppears to be dead, the DHW and CH temperature controls have no effect and the boiler runs at max temp on both DHW and CH. I have repalced the display/contol panel and it still appearsto be dead. Would...
Replies
Views
Hi There was no shut off valve on the tank feed to the hot water cylinder, and I needed to move a couple of hot water pipes, so I shut off the mains water, turned boiler off (Remeha avanta) and opened the hot kitchen tap to drain the cylinder. After doing the work etc, Everything up and...
Replies
Views
J
Turned the system from hot water only, to hot water and central heating the other day. After it working briefly, it has now stopped all together. The display isnt showing a fault or anything - it is just blank. After reading the service guide that came with it - I am confident there is power...
Replies
Views
James Middleton
J
Hi there, All was good until one day the hot water suddenly started running quite a lot cooler. Putting my hand on the output at the boiler it's still hot there so I'm guessing there's a problem with cold water feeding into the hot water somewhere along the line. I have mixer taps on two...
Replies
Views
Hi. I hope some one can help. I have a condensing oil burner and it runs fine but the radiators don't heat. Heats the hot water fine. The pump runs and the thermostat turns the boiler on and off. Thinking it could be a thermistor. All help greatly appreciated.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock