Search the forum,

Discuss Identify this rad bleed valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

krispy

Can anyone identify this bleed valve please? The one one the side facing away from camera has broke off. My plumber says he can't find replacement.
Rad.jpg

Probably a Myson valve, difficult to find and also come in different sizes, 1/2'' 3/8'' 1/4'' etc, possibly with different threads too. Standard merchants and big stores tend not to stock them. I needed to get one a few years ago and ordered 4 different sizes, took nearly two weeks to arrive and none of them fitted. Ended up changing the radiator.
If you're cold and need it sorting quickly then a new radiator may be the best option, if the radiator is in an unused room and you have the time to wait for speculative online deliveries then Ebay is the future.
You say it has broken off, you need to be able to cleanly remove what's left in there too before you can fit a new one.

You could have a see if a 1/8 bsp plug might fit or as above ( it might be 1/4).

Thanks for the replies guys.
It's the brass bit in the middle that broke off, which makes it easier to replace the whole thing. A 10mm socket fits over it. The plumber has already been backwards and forwards with replacements that don't fit, and has given up for the moment. I've still got heating, just can't bleed it.

It is definitely for the Myson roundtop radiators and is the current type. I prefer to use those rads as they are nice quality.
I have a few spares of them I carry with me. They snap easily, but handy to replace. (They are actually chromed, but come in the rads over painted white).
Myson (North of England) will supply them, probably free if you contact them.
Plumbcenter sell those rads across the UK and might be able to help you.

Last edited:
I found my Myson spare rad vents. Here is a photoIMG_4734.jpg

Thanks again for all your help. Problem solved. It seems certain that it's a Myson, and that no others will fit, so I'll get in touch with them tomorrow.

Thanks again for all your help. Problem solved. It seems certain that it's a Myson, and that no others will fit, so I'll get in touch with them tomorrow.

You might be better asking for a couple extra for if you break another in the future.
If you have a problem getting one, just pm me and I could post you one.

If its the screw in the middle that's snapped, why didn't the plumber just slowly unscrew the main body of the valve and vent it that way? you would still need to replace it but at least your rad would be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Identify this rad bleed valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock