Discuss Identifying incoming main in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alanc

Black plastic 1 inch, glued hp fittings.
Im thinking philmac if insert fits.
i dont know id size yet until cut.

Any thoughts.
Al.

Cut a piece out and take it to the plumbers merchant with you.

I have that poly stuff in my house - built in the 70's. I think they used it because it was cheaper than copper. But I wouldn't say it is as big as 1 inch. My sons house on the next estate, built 10 years later than mine also has a black plastic main, but this is closer to 1 inch od - I have no idea what it is though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Identifying incoming main in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot...
Replies
Views
Can anyone identify this adapter? It's 22mm copper to an unknown plastic piping system (non-standard size, I think it's 25mm or similar). It's on...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all. I hope one of you may have the answer i am looking for. I have four solenoid valves connected to the main water supply and they break all...
Replies
Views
Christos83
C
Hi All After having pooling water on my drive, I dug down around to find: Black pipe poly/plastic dug 450mm deep spraying water at mains...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock