Discuss If paying somone to put out leaflets... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
...and wanting to make these payments deductable off my tax as advertising...am I right in thinking I simply need to make it clear that as they are working on a self-employed basis they are responsible for paying their national insurance and tax, then make up receipts of amounts paid to them and keep them? Or would the taxman want more proof than that like contracts of employment, signed invoices or something?

I know if you use a proper leaflet distributing company you'll get proper receipts from them and those alone would probably suffice but they have quite large minimum drops and are quite expensive, I'm just thinking of getting someone local to do some...How do I make it all legit?

By the way I'm not lazy I put out my own but I have knee problem that hurts with too much walking so is limiting..

One I write out myself and get them to sign? Otherwise it's not much in the way of proof is it?

how much are you paying them to leaflet drop ? I wouldnt bother to be honest I'd just put the receipt through for the leaflets, if your paying someone say £20-30 then they wouldnt want to declare it

Probably about £160 per month. Enough that I'd personally prefer to get in knocked off my tax bill. I'm just wondering how to do it properly. Whether they choose to declare or not is up to them I suppose.

I suppose, I thought maybe you were just doing one round. It's alot of money for leaflet drops though, from what I've heard they are not very efficient at creating work.

Well I've found them to be personally. I've put out many, many thousands. Prob why my knee now doesn't like walking anymore. I might ask mr accountant see what he says. Seeing him next week anyway.

get them to give you an invoice for the hours theyve done and money they want. just like subbing a job out

good investment for small jobs where people are more likely to take a punt on the unknown. don't know how good they'd be at generating big jobs since that's not really what i do - although i keep getting asked if i service or install boilers.

yeah that's prob the way to go bod!

we have also found leaflets to be very good but i deliver them. Don't know whether it would work out so good if we paid other people to do it. Leaflets are cheap to produce but delivering takes a lot of time 300-400 houses in 2 hours.

how much are you guys roughly paying for printing costs of leaflets? if its online, can you link me, i pay around 0.30p per a4 print out.

good investment for small jobs where people are more likely to take a punt on the unknown. don't know how good they'd be at generating big jobs since that's not really what i do - although i keep getting asked if i service or install boilers.

I agree, a leaflet drop was how i got started off 7 years ago, thinking about doing another one soon as works been fading for a while. me and the wife will do the work as we did last time, not woth the risk of finding a stack of your leaflets in a bin somewhere if you pay someone to do it for you if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to If paying somone to put out leaflets... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock