Discuss If you're ever in the USA and someone asks to borrow your car, say NO! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

We have much the same law here mate. There has been some shocking stories of being found guilty by association.

30+ years ago, My friends brother lent his car to someone, to pick up their daughter. He had had a drink, so wouldn't drive. The new driver had also had a drink.
he picked up the girl as a favour. On the return he crashed the car, writing it off and badly injuring his mate and the girl he was picking up.
both had severe enough injuries to have to stop working, so the sued the owner of the car. He was only third party.

He lost his car and still to this day pays 10% of his income back to the courts!

Reply to If you're ever in the USA and someone asks to borrow your car, say NO! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Saying hello as the polite thing, especially since I just asked for some advice in another thread. I'm a plumbing/ process piping engineer in the...
Replies
Views
I was on this forum a long time ago and I would like to explain my experience of plumbing. This may be a long post but I will be happy if it helps...
Replies
Views
Hi from the USA- I'm a plumbing engineer and master plumber in the USA who is going to be building a new home and plan on using European wall-hung...
Replies
Views
S
I bought a great gizmo in the USA its a tiny fitting that turns your hosepipe into a jet wash. It cleaned up my friends driveway of years of...
Replies
Views
albatross
A
Back