Discuss I'm confused - 82mm or 75mm? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mlgibbons

Hi
I'm sure this is simple but I can't quite figure it out. I have a stack that I need to vent using a AAV (McAlpine VP50P) which supports 110mm or 75mm pipes. I currently have the AAV inserted into the 110mm pipe and want to move it to another location using a smaller pipe but am confused about the pipe size that I need. Is it 75mm or 82mm? For 75mm pipe I apparently insert into the pipe into the AAV rather than the other way around for 110mm. I've researched it and my understanding is that 82mm pipe is 75mm internal diameter but in that case wouldn't the AAV says that it supports 82mm pipe? More than a little confused!

Thanks
Mark

U can vet to atmosphere using a 75mm but not sure of Aav. Depends on bends and length of extended run as pressure drop would stop Aav working. Sounds stupid but it does!

Hi
I'm fine with the AVV and 75mm I just need to know if I need to buy a 75mm pipe or a 82mm one?

Thanks
Mark

U can vet to atmosphere using a 75mm but not sure of Aav. Depends on bends and length of extended run as pressure drop would stop Aav working. Sounds stupid but it does!

I just pulled the thing off and measured it: 82mm inside diameter; why on earth they give outside for one and inside for the other is beyond me. Question answered anyway.

Hi
I'm fine with the AVV and 75mm I just need to know if I need to buy a 75mm pipe or a 82mm one?

Thanks
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I'm confused - 82mm or 75mm? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock