Search the forum,

Discuss Impact drivers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Never actually used one before. Knew what they were but never had a go one one. They had a demo one on counter at Screwfix. Bosch thing discounted. They've got real kick haven't they? What ones do you guys have/recommend? I can finally see the justification for them.

All my tools are Makita and i purchased a snap on 18v battery drill and ive gotta say it wipes the floor with my makita but so does the price unfortunately , i like millwaukee and the hilti goods aswell

I dont have an impact but used my joiner mates loads o times and they're fine and lightwieght and real easy to use but noisy, dtdtdtdtdtdtdttdtdtdtdtdtd

Don't use em. I find them to powerful, you can't feel the fixing bite. The first you know is the screws just spinning.

Had makita 18v for few years and was excellent tool til got nicked, have had dewalt 10.something volt since and is again another excellent tool gives me no problems at all and surprisingly good battery life

got a bosch 18v nicad one and it still works 3plus years down the line. Howhever the combi drill doesnt.

Used to have 18v walt Disney until the batteries died then onto Makita ta ta........prefer the Makita tbh.

Hilti! SID-22V cordless one is amazing. It's our most used tool now to be honest because it gets into nearly any space to drive screws in. Variable impact setting and variable trigger so you can fire the screws in one impact at a time to feel them bite. Useful when boarding stud walls etc.

Hilti! SID-22V cordless one is amazing. It's our most used tool now to be honest because it gets into nearly any space to drive screws in. Variable impact setting and variable trigger so you can fire the screws in one impact at a time to feel them bite. Useful when boarding stud walls etc.

Happy with hilti again?
i had heard tails of the reps putting on fishnets, red lippy and handing out blowies to tradesmen but i thought it was urban legend.....

Lol. They replaced that drill with a brand new one plus 2 year warranty again so yes! Bought a PD-5 off them today ex-demo as well. Very handy for quickly measuring up rooms on quotes and for taking accurate measurements quickly on jobs. Will have to tell the rep to stop popping round as he keeps selling me stuff!

Happy with hilti again?
i had heard tails of the reps putting on fishnets, red lippy and handing out blowies to tradesmen but i thought it was urban legend.....

In Cambridge recently they were even talking about a discount !

Lol. They replaced that drill with a brand new one plus 2 year warranty again so yes! Bought a PD-5 off them today ex-demo as well. Very handy for quickly measuring up rooms on quotes and for taking accurate measurements quickly on jobs. Will have to tell the rep to stop popping round as he keeps selling me stuff!

I like the idea of the locator kit but feck mine its expensive

18v brushless dewalt (single speed version) is the best.

i dont really use them tho, a decent compact drill driver is better unless your using yowge fixings.

unless you intend driving 4 inch screws in to hardwood the 18v are realy to big and heavy for everyday use, ive got a 12v makita one which is great i use it for everything clipping boilers great for driving 10mm rad fixings in with a socket like everything you have to use it a while to get the feel of it
i tried the 10v makita at a trade day recently and think that would be excellent for every day

Last edited:
Love my milwaukee 18v impact driver. Its like my fein cutter. How did I manage without :)

10.8v makita is perfect for me. Buy it from toolstation for ÂŁ150 and you get the drill driver too. Sooooo quick to put batons on a wall to install a bath. Drill driver pilots the wood. Impact screws the bugger in. Hilti 36v 6 amp te 30 a 36 had already put hole in the wall unless you use a lesser quality brand :) :)

For me the 10.8 v makita is perfect. I use it to drive screws into wall plugs. Not solid wood or kitchen units.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Impact drivers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator pipes during the strip out. Not the end of the world as damages happens. I am responsible builder and paying my bills and to repair the damages if...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock