Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss In line filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys

have a customer that has a lot of iron in their property leading to copper at outlets.

They are starting to suffer with quite a lot of debris and sediment in tap filters etc and I have explained what needs to be done to do away with this completely i.e. Re-plumb.

They have offered me the job but have asked if I can put a temporary fix in place to enable their new electric shower to work without furring up whilst they save some money for the re-plumb.

I thought of an inline filter on the mains feed to the shower but wondered if anyone had any alternative suggestions.

Many thanks

Matt

I suppose a bigger pipe bore one would be best for ur temp fix. save it getting clogged so quick. also stop the in shower one clogging.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that's true. It's kind of where you draw the line with running a new pipe to the shower isn't it. Thanks though.

Proper old apparently mate. I've not actually seen the job yet the sparky who put in the new cable for the shower said that it was this sediment that killed their last shower. I spoke with customer on the phone to discuss and will go and investigate.

sorry mate i tried to edit the previous post and deleted it Doh. i was just going to put it could be the two different metals that have made the galv fail and start corroding. ya might have a few clean the filter call backs for a while so make it nice and serviceable.

Yeah, well as I say I'll be doing the lot eventually.

A 15mm in line strainer. Need to be careful that you dont create a low water flow through the shower.

Tbh I wouldnt be keen, what happens if the shower goes pop :)

What would you suggest simon? I realise it's not ideal but until I do a full re-pipe it's really the only method to keep the sludge out of the new shower isn't it?

Maybe something bigger filter wise so you dont get so much of a pressure drop? Unless you could rig something that they could empty it once a week.

Not an easy one. Just the way I think re the shower going breasts up and you getting it in the neck. As I always say, no good deed goes un punished.

Any suggestions re a filter. Doesn't have to be a restricting in line one I suppose

Don't get me wrong I agree totally with both of you I just need a practical solution

Have a look at the toolstation web site or cat page 311. Inline y filters. Not a bad price and come with female conns so you could easily get from 3/4" or 1" to 15mm.

I think the only way to slow the debris down is a big strainer of sorts, isolatable so it can be cleaned regular. i you explain this is temp but will need cleaning out unless they want to keep buying showers, then if there reasonable you should be ok i reckon.

Cheers Simon funnily enough I'd just come across them too. Cheers for that though. It doesn't look to be too much of a work up but obviously needs to be sold as a temporary fix

Cheers Whyme. Sounds like a plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to In line filter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock