Discuss Incoming water pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jumpingjack

I've recently sold my house (stc) and my buyer has flagged up an issue with my incoming water pipe. I have had a plumber round as the buyer wanted it lagged as it comes in via an outside wall and not through the floor. My plumber didn't think this was necessary but did it anyway, after 3 years living here and temperatures getting down to -12 2 years ago I have never had aproblem with frozen pipes. He now has said its not acceptable for the pipe to enter through the wall of the house. I was just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on this? Any advice would be gratefully recieved,

When i sold my house a few years ago i kid you not i got a letter from solicitor saying i needed a ticket from a sparky to say the cooker had been unplugged. ridiculous.

any mains pipe not 750mm below the ground until its 750mm inside the property should be lagged for protection from freezing.

Legally this twerp should be told to jog on - the sale has taken place - end of. if you get involved it might be
taken as you accepting responsibility for a building you have sold. KEEP AWAY

centralheatking

Not true. It is perfectly acceptable for the incoming mains to enter through the wall of a house. But it must be sleeved and insulated. All new builds in Portsmouth Water area have to enter through the wall of the house as all new builds must use the "Groundbreaker" box for installation. Er there is an exception to this now I think about it. OK in general all new builds enter through the wall. Groundbreaker do a thing called an "insuduct" especially for your situation. It complies with all necessary regs. Look it up on the internet.

Hmm! Without going into it to much. The current regs do say insulate if the pipe is on an outside wall. But I can not remember (age problem) if it applies to water mains installed under former Regulations i.e Current Regs are not enforceable unless you install a new main.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Incoming water pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock