Discuss Inconsistence from Gas Safe engineers on a boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the op is maybe a bit ott, as can't label engineers like that just because he called on a couple of ding dong pee brains to look at his boiler, and a 90 minute service is a long service but it doesn't mean Mr 30 mins never done his job just because he didn't run the tap,,,, But a forum filled with gas engineers is the wrong place to start a thread saying we're incompetent,

That jobs got nightmare written all over it!!! The poster will never ever be satisfied

Did he ever say if the hot water was fine at the taps? Surely if it was then his shower is buggered.... not that it really matters now :p

Is there a link? Or a clue as to title. Reading this thread in isolation as I have, I could not believe the replys and happily supported the comments Jase has made in defence of the Op. However based on the comments by other trusted forum representatives and regulars I assume there is more to the OpS story than presented in this thread. However regardless, without a link or indication of what has come before, this thread does not represent or put the forum or the professionals that frequent and comment here in a good light. Perhaps it should be deleted in its entirity as it appears to serve no positive purpose.

I disagree. I did read the original thread but even without that context the OP on this thread started out being pretty insulting and antagonistic. Putting "engineers" in inverted commas right from the outset is going to put peoples' backs up.

Stating that he distrusts every "so-called engineer" and wants to have the knowledge to challenge them and basically tell them their job is not going to win him any friends either. Have you never been to a job where the customer has googled the problem and insists on telling you what the is, disagreeing with your diagnosis, and stands over you nitpicking everything you do?

Well, that's what this OP was basically doing. Maybe some harsh words used but well deserved IMO.

I'm sorry but the responses are completely wrong, one calling the OP a winging Bstard, I would ban for that, imagine you are that bloke, disabled and feel like you are getting ripped off, you explain it as best as possible and get abuse and then banned!! plumbing forum doing plumbers proud again!!

The worst thing is that most people have not even read the whole post!!

Explaining as best as he could Jase? By starting of by questioning whether the title "engineer" is deserved, suggesting we are all incompetent rip-off merchants? Using derogatory language about the whole profession? Did you actually read the full post?

But hey ho, its fine as long as we listen to each other moaning about custards as long as custards aren't moaning about us!!

Actually I can think of many, many threads where we have supported customers who have been ripped off, advised on how to deal with cowboys, even one of the lads went round and fixed some previous shoddy work. Hardly a one-sided attitude on this forum.

It's true though, as much as we all call ourselves it, we are not engineers in the correct context.

The responses give the trade a bad name in my opinion and it's no wonder people try to DIY when we present ourselves as abnoctious unhelpful and arrogant. Believe it or not their are non qualified members of the public who are allowed an opinion as well.

Whether or not you agree is up to you but there is no need to be disrespectful.

Some people need to jump off their high horse and take a reality check. We're all guilty of a moan especially if we feel like it's someone else's fault. You should hear yourselves when you feel the need to belittle electricians for your own self gratification.

Last edited:
if we had sent a team of "engineers" to his house free of charge her wouldnt have been satisfied

It's true though, as much as we all call ourselves it, we are not engineers in the correct context.

The responses give the trade a bad name in my opinion and it's no wonder people try to DIY when we present ourselves as abnoctious unhelpful and arrogant. Believe it or not their are non qualified members of the public who are allowed an opinion as well.

Whether or not you agree is up to you but there is no need to be disrespectful.

Some people need to jump off their high horse and take a reality check. We're all guilty of a moan especially if we feel like it's someone else's fault. You should hear yourselves when you feel the need to belittle electricians for your own self gratification.

Spot on mate.

I think this forum needs to go back to the way it was, all it is now is people whinging and shooting down people for asking questions.

I understand that people can't mess with their own heating systems and such, but maybe instead of shooting them down and saying "read the rules you idiot" we could ask them questions like we used to, like "is your room stat on?" Or "what's your pressure like?"

obviously, if these questions where answered and the boiler or whatever still didn't work then we would draw a line and say get someone on, plus the work is more likely to go to a member if we have treated a new member with respect.

I dont post in open forums anymore because it's all nonsense anyway :(

and by answering people's questions we aren't taking work away from people, as most people on here moan about customers and call outs anyway :(

i think the whole place needs to be more relaxed and friendly to new users

Spot on mate.

I think this forum needs to go back to the way it was, all it is now is people whinging and shooting down people for asking questions.

I understand that people can't mess with their own heating systems and such, but maybe instead of shooting them down and saying "read the rules you idiot" we could ask them questions like we used to, like "is your room stat on?" Or "what's your pressure like?"

obviously, if these questions where answered and the boiler or whatever still didn't work then we would draw a line and say get someone on, plus the work is more likely to go to a member if we have treated a new member with respect.

I dont post in open forums anymore because it's all nonsense anyway :(

and by answering people's questions we aren't taking work away from people, as most people on here moan about customers and call outs anyway :(

i think the whole place needs to be more relaxed and friendly to new users

shuuuut up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Inconsistence from Gas Safe engineers on a boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
I was sent an engineer by Ideal Heating to fix a problem with my system. When he left he drove over a pot of sealing compound (which must have...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All, what's the cost of a service for an unvented system ? (valiant boiler & mega flow cylinder). I was charged £320.00, for the following...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock