Currently reading:
Increasing gpm/ compensating for low pressure

Discuss Increasing gpm/ compensating for low pressure in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Screenshot_20210622-204745_Chrome.jpg

I came across this image @ Pipe Diameter Affects Water Flow Small changes in pipe diameter make a big difference - https://inspectapedia.com/plumbing/Larger-Water-Pipes-Effect-on-Flow.php

I'm working on a house where I reckon the mains pressure won't be great. It's at 1.8 bar static. Its a half inch pipe feeding two tanks, kitchen sink and three outdoor taps. There's a water softener which will cause a drop of 1 bar.

I don't think the remaining .8 bar will be good enough as the main tanks has some constraints. It's going to be behind a wall on the second floor which restricts it's size, and it has to feed one hell of a power shower.

Would it make sense to follow this article and try to increase the flow rate. I can go from the half inch hydrodare to 3/4". I know it'll do nothing for the pressure but could the extra flow rate help feed the outlets?

You will increase flow but loose some pressure

Reply to Increasing gpm/ compensating for low pressure in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Back