Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss installation of a cyclinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi does anybody know if you can install unvented cylinder with oftec .or do you have yo have unvented cylinder ticket separate. Or does it just apply to gas .??

Not sure if I understand the question are you talking about registering an install??

no you need to be unvented qualified

As per Shaun you need G3 to install, there are multiple options in terms of registering

I mean I haven't got my unvented ticket yet but on the back of my oftec card it says I'm qualified for hot water systems. does this mean that I can on oil but not on gas.

Have you done a G3 course ie been trained in unvented and sat an exam

Hi does anybody know if you can install unvented cylinder with oftec .or do you have yo have unvented cylinder ticket separate. Or does it just apply to gas .??
G3 ticket that is. No need to gamble, cos it can be lethal...
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9bU-I2ZiML0[/video]

No. If you haven't done an unvented exam, you can't install or service unvented.
The part on the OFTEC card that says you can work on hot water systems must be to do with vented hot water and heating systems.
Just do the unvented exam, - it isn't expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to installation of a cyclinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, just want to get advice, i want to replace venten to unvented cylinder, is it ok to install D2 pipe to toilet waste pipe see picture? as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi all - can someone explain what the two black levers are in this picture? Are they for putting more pressure in the heating system? I have a...
Replies
Views
I need to change my shower mixer and I have a unvented hot water cylinder. Is it sufficient to turn off the mains? Do I need to drain the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock