Discuss Installing a BTTW pan w/ rigid pan con? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
If no room for even smallest flexible pan con, bit of a bad idea but if needs must forgivable?

Very good measurements and some good lube on the pan con fins fit to pan first and push into soil pipe

I agree, - push the new pan connector onto the pan and measure very accurately the distance for to soil pipe and have it in position. Then nice if you feel it all hit hard as you push it in position.
I really don't like back to wall loos and prefer the type that nearly go back

I agree, - push the new pan connector onto the pan and measure very accurately the distance for to soil pipe and have it in position. Then nice if you feel it all hit hard as you push it in position.
I really don't like back to wall loos and prefer the type that nearly go back

I always use ridgid pan cons even on btw or close coupled closed backs. Measure twice etc and push pan con onto pan first and silicone spray pan con and inside of 4". Also as a tip, leave toilet seat til last then to check its pushed home fully i hold a torch over one of the toilet seat fixing holes and look down the other seat fixing hole. You can normally see the pan con through the holes.

I always use ridgid pan cons even on btw or close coupled closed backs. Measure twice etc and push pan con onto pan first and silicone spray pan con and inside of 4". Also as a tip, leave toilet seat til last then to check its pushed home fully i hold a torch over one of the toilet seat fixing holes and look down the other seat fixing hole. You can normally see the pan con through the holes.

+1 same

And if you flush the cistern, you can even spy for leaks.

Just be warned - you will check it all fits and flush the cistern a few times, remove the pan, put some silicon down - re-fit the pan - exactly the same way as before- spy through the seat fixing holes to make sure you have a good connection, flush the cistern and water leaks everywhere.

Now you have water and wet silicon to deal with

And watch out for the pan connector not fitting onto the wc. Had a few recently where the wc spigot has had an issue and wont accept the pc.

A lot of the pan spigots are 'squashed looking'. Bit of a worry to seal unless you used Tec7 or similar.
As to oz-plumber comments about removing new pans for final silicone and refitting, - I think that is best avoided. You don't want the pan glued too well to floor. Fit the pan in place only once and if happy with it then flush it to check for leaks (use a bucket of water if no water supply yet) and then finally put a bead of silicone around the outside of pan base to floor tiles and work the silicone to a neat joint. That way you are not risking the pan having leaks after you have just freshly siliconed it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing a BTTW pan w/ rigid pan con? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the...
Replies
Views
I have bought a new close-coupled WC that will be installed by a plumber. The plumber and I are currently in discussion about how it should be...
Replies
Views
I have a vanity basin and concealed cistern toilet to install. In place if a wall hung basin and toilet in a down stairs cloak room. The only...
Replies
Views
I wonder if anyone is able to help with advice on this. We have fitted a new toilet and 6 litre cistern .. it flushes .. but not as efficiently as...
Replies
Views
D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock