Discuss Installing a toilet downstream of another in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I'm reworking our ensuite which is next door to the main bathroom.

I want to connect the new toilet into the existing soil pipe which runs directly under it.

See the picture below for the layout.

Can I simply put a strap boss on to the existing soil pipe or is there anything I should be aware of?

1. Do I need an AAV and where should it go?

2. I don't have space to put a swept connection in on the new toilet, it'll probably have to be a 90° connection into the horizontal soil pipe. Do I need to put some sort of backflow preventer to prevent stuff from the new loo sitting in the pipe between the two loos?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate any guidance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231023_211939.jpg
    Screenshot_20231023_211939.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Installing a toilet downstream of another in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock