Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Installing bath on fully tiled wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Custard has wet room and they want bath installed. Presuming the main problem (apart from painstakingly pre-drilling holes for fixings) will be that it's bound not to sit square on wall. Any tips?

I suppose I could always remove a row of tiles at the height of bath rim, presuming they are level?

Ah, no that wouldn't work unless height needed for fitting panel happened to be exactly on grout line between two rows

Last edited:
You could get a resin type bath with a square edge, otherwise, you will have a large gap to seal.
hope the walls are square!

Customer already has bath. What do you reckon, should I offer it up to wall and if it's near enough then it's a go-er but just allow more time but if it's got big gap, say it's not worth bothering?

Silicone the gap to wall then get some plastic trim and silicone that to the bath and tiles to make the bath look neat to the wall

Last edited:
I had to do this recently. I battened the walls and stuck the bath in place using Adiseal and finished off with white silicone. The gap was a little uneven but by using a fugi kit I was able to get a neat looking joint.

remove row of tiles breaking as few as poss, install bath as normal, tile a row of cuts from the tiles you removed

yeah sounds like the best plan.

I had to do this recently. I battened the walls and stuck the bath in place using Adiseal and finished off with white silicone.

watched a promo vid for that adiseal as had never heard of it. bloody nora, is it as good as they are claiming?

What about a free standing bath? No beed to seal if it's a wet room???

remove row of tiles breaking as few as poss, install bath as normal, tile a row of cuts from the tiles you removed

I would do the above too. Also, if there’s a need, you’ll have an option to sink the bath into the wall to get rid of the gaps, if any. Not large gaps though.

Installed it today. By a million to one shot it was totally and utterly square on the wall. So went with battens, support and silicone.

Which is good because on second looks those tiles look like they'd have needed TNT to budge.

Appreciate the advise everyone, many thanks.

Ive used a diamond grinder before and it worked fine except when bath was fitted I had overcut 10mm on both ends when bath was fitted into cut tiles there was a 10mm gap either end isn't silicone a life saver ?..brum

I do photograph my work and proudly show people I know, but would never show it on here. Everyone else shows off perfect installs when they do so there is no point as I'm not that standard. I do my best and the customer was very happy but it's low-end, low-finish kind of jobs. I deliberately do them because that's where I am skill-level on the finishing aspects.

I do photograph my work and proudly show people I know, but would never show it on here. Everyone else shows off perfect installs when they do so there is no point as I'm not that standard. I do my best and the customer was very happy but it's low-end, low-finish kind of jobs. I deliberately do them because that's where I am skill-level on the finishing aspects.
How will you improve without constructive criticism?

yeah that's fine for certain things. but people only post pics of bathrooms on here when they've done a full renovation and they're particularly proud of the finish.

if i chuck a bath in a rubbish looking, tatty bathroom and it's solid, level and doesn't leak i consider that the limit of my skills. but it's not going to make for interesting before and fter photos as it's just a picture of a plastic cube inserted in a seen-better-days bathroom.

yeah that's fine for certain things. but people only post pics of bathrooms on here when they've done a full renovation and they're particularly proud of the finish.

if i chuck a bath in a rubbish looking, tatty bathroom and it's solid, level and doesn't leak i consider that the limit of my skills. but it's not going to make for interesting before and fter photos as it's just a picture of a plastic cube inserted in a seen-better-days bathroom.
Dont worry about it. None of us can polish a turd [emoji90]

Wow!
Screen+Shot+2012-11-14+at+9.50.32+PM.png

No matter how shiny it gets it is still a turd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing bath on fully tiled wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock