Search the forum,

Discuss Intergas week 3 poem poll - main event in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou to all the voters good luck to steve and id chappy and good effort by everyone else theres some good poets out there.

Thankyou to all the voters good luck to steve and id chappy and good effort by everyone else theres some good poets out there.

Hey Gizmo, do you drive a van covered in checkatrade signwriting? And were you in our Fareham place today? I saw a van like that marked Lang Property Services

Yep that was me Ray , Short guy with the bald head

Nope, thats me. oops, no, I'm the tall, fat guy with the bald head. Sorry I couldnt stop to say "hi" but my appointment was waiting in reception.

Anyway, I'm glad we had this little chat, because now I feel slightly less bad telling you that you haven't won a free boiler.

Again.

This is getting to be a habit.

Sorry

:(

There was a young plumber called Chappers
Whose work was maintaining your Crappers
His marital curse
He rendered in verse
although Mrs C went like the...

...lady that she clearly was! Why, what were you thinking?

Ian, congratulations. Your poem was epic, and you thoroughly deserve the freebie.

Normally, given my quixotic approach to life, that would be the kiss of death. But in this case, its an official declaration that you are the winner.

Stevetheplumber - congrats on second place (with Gizmo) but it would not be true to say it was "close". He trounced you.

:)

Ian - I think that atouchofgas is booked on a course on 23rd July at Dobies heat centre Pumpherston. I don't know if that is close to you, but hopefully it will help.

Congrats Ian are you going to try it in your house

Last edited by a moderator:
well done to the winners and well done all who took part and of course to all you nasty people that didn't vote for me in the mystery prize....lol seriously many many thanks to to Ray at William's & Co who really is a top notch Sponsor in front of and behind the scenes for these forum's ......best regards Turnpin:punk:

Wonderbar :D, firstly, I'd like to thank my wife for putting up with me for the last 11 years, she's my inspiration for the poem.
Secondly, I'd like to thanks the fantastic prize offered by the Intergas crew, I've heard many good things about the boiler so can't wait to get it on the wall.
Thirdly, to Ray and the wonderful team at Williams, i get all my big gear from them now (much to the annoyance of my local Ideal rep) and always pimp them up to guys interested in trying the best.
Finally, I think? Thanks to everyone who took part and voted for me, the boiler will also be going to a good cause as the money i make from the install will be going to the charity that helped a fellow gas man through the hard times as his wee girl fought a loosing battle with cancer.

Wonderbar :D, firstly, I'd like to thank my wife for putting up with me for the last 11 years, she's my inspiration for the poem.
Secondly, I'd like to thanks the fantastic prize offered by the Intergas crew, I've heard many good things about the boiler so can't wait to get it on the wall.
Thirdly, to Ray and the wonderful team at Williams, i get all my big gear from them now (much to the annoyance of my local Ideal rep) and always pimp them up to guys interested in trying the best.
Finally, I think? Thanks to everyone who took part and voted for me, the boiler will also be going to a good cause as the money i make from the install will be going to the charity that helped a fellow gas man through the hard times as his wee girl fought a loosing battle with cancer.

What a gentleman.

Incidentally, you might mention to your local Ideal rep that we supply his company with data at 2 digit postcode level about the boilers that we ship around the country. This is so that they can assign the proper commission to the rep. So whilst we won't tell them who we are selling the boiler to, we will tell them how many we shipped to the EH postcode every month. If he isn't getting credit for your purchases, he needs to have a word with his gaffer.

I think you're spot on Ray ;).
Oh and i am booked on the Intergas training course on the 23rd. More than happy to email pictures of the install to the Intergas guys and tell them what a fantastic gift it is for a well deserving charity a good but PR never hurt anyone :D

Well done Chappy and Ray & the Intergas team
Thoroughly worthwhile cause and a worthy winner, the best result all round

Last edited:
well done to ian this maybe a ukpf met i looked at doing the intergas trainning in dobbies if atouch and ian is i am going to do it the same day.

About time ian you won a boiler

Where's Dobbies? I could book on and pop up for a knees up!

Blooming hell I'd need my passport and vaccinations to go their!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intergas week 3 poem poll - main event in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock