Discuss Intermittent hot water problem wb combi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

P

pete green

WB combi has recently had it's annual service. It has been working reliably up to that point for many years.
Now we keep losing hot water - temps on boiler increase over 100 on the display and it shuts down heat.
Engineer claims it's coincidental and must be a blocked heat exchanger that has nothing to do with the service.

Is this plausible or is there something else to look for ?

Reply to Intermittent hot water problem wb combi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Milky hot water. Recently had a Viessmann 100-W combi boiler installed. Now when the hot water reaches any tap it is very 'milky'. This appears to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
Ferroli 32c he (combi) So after having a 2 week holiday, we have come home to no hot water. It just cycles on off every second. Heating working...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, thanks for adding me. My Veissmann v50 combi gas boiler has recently started to supply only lukewarm water to the bathroom above it. This...
Replies
Views
J
Turned the system from hot water only, to hot water and central heating the other day. After it working briefly, it has now stopped all together...
Replies
Views
James Middleton
J
Back