Discuss Internal cistern flush valve replacement in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Do what you have to do to gain access.
Then cut that bottom section of panel right down to the floor so in future it can just slide up.
I would still replace the flush seal as these mould themselves to a certain position after a short space of time and IT WILL LEAK if disturbed the tiniest amount, trust me just replace it (or add sealant for a bodge job instead)
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-08 at 3.39.56 PM.jpeg

This is the culprit !
I'm going to replace it with a new one (£10-12);)

View attachment 87383
This is the culprit !
I'm going to replace it with a new one (£10-12);)
New updated, yesterday I was able to replace the piece in the pic and everything worked fine but this morning I had to push the button twice to stop the water running.
I wondering if I had to replace the rest of the kit at the bottom of the cistern, I mean the part you screw the flush valve in.

New update,flush valve replaced but I have the same issue again!Aaargh.
As I said I will try to replace the rest of the parts that came in the box I purchased.

As I said I will try to replace the rest of the parts that came in the box I purchased.

If the new flush valve you purchased was not exactly the same as the original, there's a good chance the bottom fitting (that you didn't change) is not compatible with the new valve. So a good idea to fit both new parts.

If it’s the same model you should be able to leave the old cradle in place.
Make sure the valve seat is clean.
Are you sure you’ve re-assembled the valve into the seat correctly?

If the new flush valve you purchased was not exactly the same as the original, there's a good chance the bottom fitting (that you didn't change) is not compatible with the new valve. So a good idea to fit both new parts.
I will and check if it improve the things👍

Reply to Internal cistern flush valve replacement in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, can anybody help? I am trying to buy a replacement toilet flush push button as my current one is broken? However I cannot find the same...
Replies
Views
My toilet flush valve is continually draining (the rubber seal has perished) . . . I'd be grateful if someone could give me a link to parts that...
Replies
Views
I have a wall hung pan with a concealed cistern. The flush is the "old style" Grohe Eau2 dual flush pneumatic button. When pressed the flush valve...
Replies
Views
i have 3 sottini toilets with a compact cistern. It has an ideal standard dual flush mechanism. 2" entry The ideal standard is poor quality in...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I have a Cersanit close coupled toilet which as started leaking between the cistern and the bowl when flushed. I've taken the cistern...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock