Discuss Interview help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hconnolly1

Was wondering if anyone could help me out a little here where possible. I have an interview for an Apprentice Service Repair Engineer with Worcester Bosch and don't really know what to expect with it. Thanks to anyone who can help me out a little.

Is it just the boiler side or will you be working across the whole range ? Do you know what their product range is ? What renewable / green products do they offer? What is the company history etc. Know thy enemy (or in this case your possible future employer).
Good luck !!

Last edited:
This is copy and pasted from the actual Application Vacancy.

"The successful candidate will be completing general gas maintenance such as central heating, energy efficiency, heat pumps, renewable heat. Natural Gas & LPG - Liquid Petroleum Gas. Combustion tester, boilers and systems. Photovoltaic and solar panels."

Cheers for any help mate.

This is copy and pasted from the actual Application Vacancy.

"The successful candidate will be completing general gas maintenance such as central heating, energy efficiency, heat pumps, renewable heat. Natural Gas & LPG - Liquid Petroleum Gas. Combustion tester, boilers and systems. Photovoltaic and solar panels."

Cheers for any help mate.
Do you know what all the ones in bold are ? (as well as the others) Why do you think you will be suited to both the plumbing & electrical work, what skills do you think will be required to be a good engineer in this role ? Start finding out & writing it all down.

Do you know what all the ones in bold are ? (as well as the others) Why do you think you will be suited to both the plumbing & electrical work, what skills do you think will be required to be a good engineer in this role ? Start finding out & writing it all down.

Got an idea on some so far. Been doing some revising and stuff cause I'm new to anything to do with plumbing. Thanks a lot helped me out here.

The iPhone is your friend. Any iffy questions ask to be excused for a toilet break and get googling :)

Hahah good idea. Try to prepare now whilst I've got a week or 2

If you haven't already, have a really good read of their website, product catalogues etc. Know their product range (as Chris has already suggested above), and have some intelligent questions ready about where they see themselves going in the next 5, 10, 25 years - what products will they be pushing. For that matter, you have some answers ready, as well - where do you see the industry going? With the oil supply running out, how do you think the heating industry will have to change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Interview help? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if anyone here can help me in resolving this issue. The meter I have stops at 19mbar with 'out of range' message and I cannot use it...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
Hi my triton shower suddenly had no water coming out after Thames water doing work outside my house, the shower just started buzzing with no water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock