Discuss Is it worth zoning downstairs and upstairs ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ar22

Our house has a basic heating system with no zoning

The flow and return pipes are quite easily accessable

I am thinking of fitting a motorised valve to the 22mm flow pipe to enable the upstairs heating to be turned off so as to save heating all that extra water during the weekend days when nobody goes upstairs

Are there any pitfalls with this plan and more importantly would it save money in the long run

many thanks

Yes, it does save money and it makes the temperature difference between upstairs and downstairs less noticeable. When you have just two floors, it's not that bad 3 or more definitely needed.

any extra controlls will improve comfort levels and economy trvs will have a similar effect and allow individual temps in each room
the one thing i will say is if you fit an extra motorised valve it needs to be wired from the same power source as the rest of the system

any extra controlls will improve comfort levels and economy trvs will have a similar effect and allow individual temps in each room
the one thing i will say is if you fit an extra motorised valve it needs to be wired from the same power source as the rest of the system

that would be difficult to do as the boiler is outside in a garage and the clock timer is some distance away and the house has concrete floors

is there a specific reason for this requirement

thanks

if someone thought they had isolated all the electrics by switching off the spur which controls the boiler, and went to work on that motorized valve they could get electrocuted, not quite sure which regulation iti s but everything must be from the one spur for isolation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is it worth zoning downstairs and upstairs ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock