Search the forum,

Discuss Is LDF fit for purpose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mountainman

Went to a gas escape today.

The escape according to the customer was on the boiler and transco agreed and so did I with a TT.

I checked the joints with ldf, nothing so I got my Anton sniffer on the case and it found the escape easily.

This is the second time this has happened with different ldf brands.

Come back Fairy Liquid, all is forgiven.

I have found the rocol stuff to be the most reliable. Have had similar to you, where it wouldnt bubble up.

I kicked the aerosols into touch years ago. I use the regin brush on.

[DLMURL="http://www.reginproducts.co.uk/aerosolsandleakdetection/REGL05"]REGL05 - Leak Detection Fluid | Regin[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had that told to me as well. It may be made by Rocol but it's nothing like the Rocol LDF that comes in the orange cans. The Cb stuff doesn't bubble up nearly so easily.

Centerbrand rebrand all expensive stuff. Their flux also comes in a yellow tub at double the price !

I've had that told to me as well. It may be made by Rocol but it's nothing like the Rocol LDF that comes in the orange cans. The Cb stuff doesn't bubble up nearly so easily.

At ÂŁ3 per can v ÂŁ8 I'd rather the CB

Am I also right in saying that CB and Rocol are the ONLY BS:EN approved LDF?

alot of center brand stuff is re branded and as far as i'm aware its rocol ldf

i now only use spray as the brush stuff is carp as well but nowadays you do need a sniffer so much better

i use the same stuff as he utilities cant remember its name but it comes in a liter bottle and i get it from drain center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is LDF fit for purpose? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
New LPG installation with 2x 19kg cylinders outside, plus change-over regulator with isolator valve on output, then 10 metres of 15mm copper pipe (3 soldered joints only) running into house to the kitchen, to gas hob (with another isolator just prior to hob). System Failing tightness test...
Replies
Views
M
Hi everyone. Really need some urgent advice on how to sort this and why this happened. Our normal plumber/gas engineer has been cleaning our heating system due to loud knocking noises the year before and after tests of water were done he used F3, then DS40 & F1 per the results, but nearing the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
S
I wonder if anyone has any thoughts? Combi Logic 30 Boiler - constant pressure loss - no obvious leaking. Few years ago we got an error code indicating pressure was below minimum. We resolved ourselves by using the manual and topping up per the guide. Sometime later, in some really cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock