Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Is there water in the tank? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

T

Toby12

Hi, we have an old water tank in our roof that's not used anymore. We have a contractor for something else wanting to cut a pipe from it.

I'm worried that there might be water in the tank that will come out if the pipe is cut.

How do I tell if there's water in the tank?
Do old tanks normally have water?
Is this something I can do or no choice but to get a plumber to come and look?

Have a look inside would be a starting point. I came across one where they had fitted a Combi converting the old system, cold storage cistern (tank as you call it) still connected to a live water supply, but no replenishment, so had gone stagnant - the point being water was evident

Reply to Is there water in the tank? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

For reasons that I won't go into. Is it possible to control the water flow to a cold water header tank without having a ballcock in the header...
Replies
Views
We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock