Discuss Is this bath faulty? split layers in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone! I have been reading this forum for quite a while now, but posting for the first time.
I am doing a renovation in my bathroom, have received my acrylic bath today and I can see on the waste hole that the acrylic layers are split and it created like an air layer inside the bath base. I tried to step on it in the middle and heard a crackle (I guess I pushed the top layer to the bottom one), the surface looks fine though.
I am attaching the picture of this possible defect and would like to ask for a professional view - is this a problem? should I return this bath?
I saw a topic on another forum where someone's bath got filled with water inside, that doesn't look good as a potential scenario...

Thank you in advance for your advice!
1642073240517.JPEG

Thank you everyone!
The bath is Plumbworld's own brand Worcester freestanding bath.
I don't think I can get their honest opinion on whether it's faulty or not.

Snowhead, this is really useful! I had an idea that these are different types of materials, but didn't know what that 'green' layer is. I watched a video, still cannot understand if plywood is bonded onto the acrylic (by heat or by sprayed fiberglass) to make material stronger, shouldn't it be 'attached' / 'glued' to acrylic? Here it seems that plywood is stays in place just because of the thin acrylic layer the the bottom of the bath.
I did another photo from the other side.
The lower side of plywood seems to be perfectly bonded to outer material (acrylic )
1642087635637.JPEG

Would say it’s fibreglass and the gel / top coat has come away from the base layer / part

Reply to Is this bath faulty? split layers in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I am hoping someone can give me some advice. We have had two leaks at home in the last 2 weeks; luckily we were in for both events and...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Hi all Relatively inexperienced homeowner here. Apologies in advance if I get any terminology wrong. Today I noticed some limescale accumulation...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new here so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm having a hell of a time with my bath drain cover. I just wanted to take it off to...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock