Search the forum,

Discuss Is this becoming more common or just my imagination? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
As a disclaimer I just do small maintenance in wet plumbing. So I'm a bit limited in overall knowledge and skillset and will get lost if things get overly technical.

When I started 6 or so years ago everyone seemed either to have a combi for heating and domestic hot or a vented system with a couple of tanks in the loft and a cylinder in the airing cupboard.

Now more and more I've found people will have the system split one way or the other. So they may keep the cylinder for domestic hot but have a combi installed just for heating. I seem to see this more and more. Is there a good reason for this and is it likely to get more common?

Also, does this mean the coil going through the indirect cylinder is now mains pressurised? I guess it must be.

Thanks

normally combi and unvented cylinder as there is more than one bathroom/ big bathtub

and normally after they have had a combi installed they find out why there not very good for more than one bathroom

The coil on the cylinder will just be linked to the heating system, - not the mains hot from combi.

Would it not be pressurised to 1-1.5 bar ish though? Like the heating circuit off a combi would be normally?

Is this more and more common or is it just my local area doing it for some reason?

Yeah I've seen few Combi's with hot water from the Combi to the kitchen tap or kitchen tap and cloak room toilet then cylinder either unvented or vented

had a good one where the Combi's heating side was open vent so the pressure in the boiler was 0.6 constantly

Yeah I've seen few Combi's with hot water from the Combi to the kitchen tap or kitchen tap and cloak room toilet then cylinder either unvented or vented

had a good one where the Combi's heating side was open vent so the pressure in the boiler was 0.6 constantly

Just changed one like that old wozzie out which had heating fed by tank in the loft

/\ This is part of the problem.

I used to know how to work out what system I was dealing with before I'd passed the front door. Now I need to go looking. Last place I had to go into the loft and the garage before I could work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this becoming more common or just my imagination? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock