Discuss It's Bank Holiday Monday, so obviously my boiler breaks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hectic

Hello

As title really. The boiler - a Ferroli 701 - decided yesterday not to fire after calling for hot water (the pilot light was lit). As I'm a bit of a techie, my approach of switching something stuff off and on again spills over into other things. Anyway, once I had done that, the pilot light decided not to ignite at all. And that's pretty much it.

I followed the reignition instructions carefully (I've restarted the boiler before, so I can categorically say it's not me doing something wrong as far as that is concerned). I have also checked the PCB and it's showing no error codes and appears to suggest the boiler is operating as it should. I have also inspected the PCB for problems (I understand from reading around relay 4 is the most likely culprit) and that appears to be fine also.

This leads me to conclude I have no idea what the problem is. I did think faulty gas valve, but prior to switching it off, the pilot was (and had been for two months when the boiler was last serviced) fine. Could it be a faulty ignition? If so, what's the damage?

Thanks

It's time to get a gas safe registered engineer in to look at it for you. Could be any number of different faults which only someone gas safe registered is qualified to repair.

Hectic , welcome to the forum looks like you've done what you can as mike said you now need a gsr engineer , try putting a post in the I need a plumber section maybe a member on here is close to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to It's Bank Holiday Monday, so obviously my boiler breaks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock