Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss It's Bank Holiday Monday, so obviously my boiler breaks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hectic

Hello

As title really. The boiler - a Ferroli 701 - decided yesterday not to fire after calling for hot water (the pilot light was lit). As I'm a bit of a techie, my approach of switching something stuff off and on again spills over into other things. Anyway, once I had done that, the pilot light decided not to ignite at all. And that's pretty much it.

I followed the reignition instructions carefully (I've restarted the boiler before, so I can categorically say it's not me doing something wrong as far as that is concerned). I have also checked the PCB and it's showing no error codes and appears to suggest the boiler is operating as it should. I have also inspected the PCB for problems (I understand from reading around relay 4 is the most likely culprit) and that appears to be fine also.

This leads me to conclude I have no idea what the problem is. I did think faulty gas valve, but prior to switching it off, the pilot was (and had been for two months when the boiler was last serviced) fine. Could it be a faulty ignition? If so, what's the damage?

Thanks

It's time to get a gas safe registered engineer in to look at it for you. Could be any number of different faults which only someone gas safe registered is qualified to repair.

Hectic , welcome to the forum looks like you've done what you can as mike said you now need a gsr engineer , try putting a post in the I need a plumber section maybe a member on here is close to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to It's Bank Holiday Monday, so obviously my boiler breaks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have a Valliant Ecotec Plus 637 system boiler that is showing no error codes and S.0 (no demand for heat), but it is not heating. Have...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock