Currently reading:
It's upgrade time !

Discuss It's upgrade time ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
due an upgrade on my phone, should be receiving it either monday or tuesday its the "HTC Wildfire S" smartphone, anyone got this phone or know if its good or not? I have 14 days to play around with it and decide if its any good or not

Its a good phone for its price band (I hope your not paying more than its worth).

Are you upgrading from a previous Android device?

Its a decent phone that will allow you to do everything you want, you should be able to download and view boiler manuals, Apps, etc.

Can you get a similar deal on the HTC Desire S? This will have a slightly bigger screen, be faster etc.

for the wildfire i was told it would be £25 a month, 600 minutes unlimited texts unlimited internet I don't want to be paying anymore than £25 a month imho

I had the Nokia 5800 smartphone but lost it so using an old phone at the moment so just want to get back to touchscreen/smartphone lol

For an extra 54 pence per month, you can get another 300 minutes via T-Mobile.

I think Orange have a fair use policy of 500mb internet per month.

T-Mobile are doing a deal at the moment, which gives you truly unlimited internet.

You can even use the Orange signal.

600 minutes is plenty for me, I am getting an early upgrade anyway my contract doesn't run out until about september so I think I'll just stick with orange

not sure if its the same but weve got the desire and you can use it as a modem for a laptop only just realised this saves the wife 15 quid a month as she had a stick previously
its prety fast as well

they are similar but desire has slightly better features like better screen and faster but is dearer

due an upgrade on my phone, should be receiving it either monday or tuesday its the "HTC Wildfire S" smartphone, anyone got this phone or know if its good or not? I have 14 days to play around with it and decide if its any good or not

I had one and it lasted a week, the trouble with these smart phones you cant treat them like theyre a loveslave!!!

I had one and it lasted a week, the trouble with these smart phones you cant treat them like theyre a loveslave!!!

I keep breaking mine - I have had it fixed 3 times now, its broken again but I've given up now. I may sound like an old man but here but aslong as I can make and recieve calls I don't really care what my phone can do, I'm due for my upgrade soon and I am just going to go back to the old school type phones so I can drop it down a toilet and it will still work :)

As far as the HTC goes gerry, I had one when I worked for a firm and used it to get my work and fill out cp12's and I never had a moments trouble from it. Plus it was quite robust and lasted ages without me breaking it though, I did eventually break the screen though but I guess that just goes with the job

I like I phones on my 3rd never broke one yet very robust in my hands that's saying a lot dropped off 2 roofs still not broke lol

I like I phones on my 3rd never broke one yet very robust in my hands that's saying a lot dropped off 2 roofs still not broke lol

Yep had 3 of them in three each one died, screen went black, I currently have a Nokia E72 and I hate it with passion and is regularly launched in frustration as it is a complete intelligence test, trouble is the damned thing wont break so I cant moan and get it changed until the contract gives me an upgrade, I reckon my next phones gonna be a JCB phone, or maybe I should just get a JCB with a hands free kit!!!!!!!!

well the Iphone would be an option, but would be dearer monthly no doubt

To be Honest I think they all do the same thing just whatever you like the look off IMHO

O2 600mins cross network 300 text and unlimited Internet

300 texts wouldnt last me at the rate my girlfriend texts me !!! To be honest I think the phone would be fine, my old Nokia one was a good phone even though it wasnt one of the more popular blackberry or iphones. I don't really fancy the blackberrys buttons are far too small although you can get touchscreen ones

Do NOT get an iPhone, its like going back in time.

Yes the iPhone was the the best back when it first came out, however it has now been taken over by many Android devices such as the HTC Desire S. Having been a previous iPhone user for a few years, I thought that it was the best things in the world. I upgraded to a HTC Desire and I can say that it is better by miles. The iPhone is so basic, iPhone users would be surprised at how many features they are missing out on.

Don't be a sheep and get an iPhone just because everyone else has one.

You could compare the iPhone to Worcester - they both use advertising and past successes to convince people that they are still the best.

well the wildfire isnt much different from the desire apart from speed and the screen, I'll find out how much the Desire is monthly and compare prices to see if I'll get the desire instead.

P.S I'm not a sheep, I don't buy things because everyone else has one.

Neither am I tried the htc and I'll stick with the I phone I phone is far easier to use IMHO

Do NOT get an iPhone, its like going back in time.

Yes the iPhone was the the best back when it first came out, however it has now been taken over by many Android devices such as the HTC Desire S. Having been a previous iPhone user for a few years, I thought that it was the best things in the world. I upgraded to a HTC Desire and I can say that it is better by miles. The iPhone is so basic, iPhone users would be surprised at how many features they are missing out on.

Don't be a sheep and get an iPhone just because everyone else has one.

You could compare the iPhone to Worcester - they both use advertising and past successes to convince people that they are still the best.

I got my first iPhone about two months ago. I love it.....yes I'm a sheep. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

anything appple is style over substance clever marketing tho
my htc is great does all i need without a mensa test

check out the deals on the plain desire rather than the s or hd unless you need a high definition movie player its considered an old model now and the deals are good

i checked on the internet a review of "wildfire s v desire" there isn't much difference between the 2 apart from some things I can live with, if its too slow for me then I'll get the Desire instead but I think I'll stick with a HTC phone heard alot of good things about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to It's upgrade time ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back