Discuss Japanese Saw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
502400_xl.jpg

I'm thinking about getting one of these from Axminster, £25.00 they are supposed to be the dogs. Anyone got one?

http://www.axminster.co.uk/japanese-265-kataba-crosscut-saw-502400

yes, I have loads of them.
what do you plan to use it for though? dovetails? cabinet making etc?

That looks more like a weapon!
I just use a small Bahco fine tooth saw which is handy for fine work, - like trimming bath panels or fine woodwork. Will cut you to the bone if you slip though, due to the fine teeth.
http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/bahco-...tracking url&gclid=CLSxmoH1j9ACFZKdGwodbuEA8w

Last edited:
Bet it's great for cutting kooltherm or rocklap foil faced insulation.

The Jap saw cuts on the pull stroke, which, those of us who have had occasion to reverse blade in junior hacksaw know, is useful in certain situations. The added advantage of dedicated pull stroke saw is blade and kerf are thinner. As for cutting foil faced insulation I have yet to find anything better than a long bladed butchers knife, which eliminates the sawdust and associated irritation to eyes and throat.

Just get the Bahco PrizeCut fine tooth saw (as above), a third the cost and will take all the plumber's abuse you can give it. I 've used that model for years and it's far better than any hacksaw for cutting plastics especially piping and great for finer work in general, sharp as which it keeps it for an age too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Japanese Saw in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'm looking for a replacement thermostatic cartridge for this shower which was purchase in 2018 from Victorian Plumbing. The stock code was...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
Back