Discuss jaw dropping spanner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dunktheplumber

If anyone has trouble removing taps get yourself a jaw dropping spanner. I got mine from Screwfix for £50. It sounds like a lot of money but the time it saves you swearing at them its well worth it.

nice tip do you work for screw fix , welcome to the forum, have fun

I read a post a long time ago about these spanners and decided to go and get a set, they've got me out of trouble a couple of times, I don't know where I got them though but I'm a cheap skate and didn't pay that for them....

Still doesn't stop me swearing though. I just swear at something else now....

Mine broke.

Sent them to Armeg with a small covering letter and within a week they sent me a brand new set!!!

Amazing customer service and I was very grateful. All I'd asked for was a local supplier and, hopefully, a discount voucher for a new set.

i did that with my paramo smock it hag got the smallest hole in the back off some ash , from a fire i asked if the could patch it up/repair and i was happy to pay as its been the best jacket ive ever climbed in. sent me a new one back :)

i do have a fair few bits from them like

I've just bought a set of these from Plumbfix and I'm just sat here messing with them now, they seem quite a useful bit of kit although I have a concern about the bath wrench.

Trying it in an old 3/4" BSP bath tap connector out of the scrap bin it is a really tight fit but does go on, but on a new tap connector out of the van it won't go on at all on any of the flats around the nut.

Has anyone else had this with theirs? I'll probably have to grind a bit off but at £50 a pair I would have thought they would fit all 3/4" tap connectors out of the box, after all its this wrench I really wanted. The basin wrench is fine.

Not had a problem with mine. I wouldn't mess around with it though as it's really helpful for some old bath taps.

Thats right, its undoing those old bath taps the reason I bought it.

I'll keep them in the toolbox in the van, I hate all these plastic cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to jaw dropping spanner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back