Discuss jaw dropping spanner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dunktheplumber

If anyone has trouble removing taps get yourself a jaw dropping spanner. I got mine from Screwfix for £50. It sounds like a lot of money but the time it saves you swearing at them its well worth it.

nice tip do you work for screw fix , welcome to the forum, have fun

I read a post a long time ago about these spanners and decided to go and get a set, they've got me out of trouble a couple of times, I don't know where I got them though but I'm a cheap skate and didn't pay that for them....

Still doesn't stop me swearing though. I just swear at something else now....

Mine broke.

Sent them to Armeg with a small covering letter and within a week they sent me a brand new set!!!

Amazing customer service and I was very grateful. All I'd asked for was a local supplier and, hopefully, a discount voucher for a new set.

i did that with my paramo smock it hag got the smallest hole in the back off some ash , from a fire i asked if the could patch it up/repair and i was happy to pay as its been the best jacket ive ever climbed in. sent me a new one back :)

i do have a fair few bits from them like

I've just bought a set of these from Plumbfix and I'm just sat here messing with them now, they seem quite a useful bit of kit although I have a concern about the bath wrench.

Trying it in an old 3/4" BSP bath tap connector out of the scrap bin it is a really tight fit but does go on, but on a new tap connector out of the van it won't go on at all on any of the flats around the nut.

Has anyone else had this with theirs? I'll probably have to grind a bit off but at £50 a pair I would have thought they would fit all 3/4" tap connectors out of the box, after all its this wrench I really wanted. The basin wrench is fine.

Not had a problem with mine. I wouldn't mess around with it though as it's really helpful for some old bath taps.

Thats right, its undoing those old bath taps the reason I bought it.

I'll keep them in the toolbox in the van, I hate all these plastic cases.

Bought Jaw Dropper from Plumbfix last week and used it on a couple of jobs. Works well, very solid, but a bit pricey.

I've just had to buy myself a set. Got called out to a problem tap late Friday. Took me 2 hours to get the faulty flexi off due to the lack of room. I couldn't get the new tap connector tightened so had to leave the customer with no cold water at the kitchen sink. Went back tonight with the jaw dropper and ten minutes and I'm done.

Bought mine from eBay a few years ago for under £30. Fantastic tool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've just had to buy myself a set. Got called out to a problem tap late Friday. Took me 2 hours to get the faulty flexi off due to the lack of room. I couldn't get the new tap connector tightened so had to leave the customer with no cold water at the kitchen sink. Went back tonight with the jaw dropper and ten minutes and I'm done.

Which one did you buy mike?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Looks a good tool but if my telescopic rothenberger tap spanner that does bath and basin taps can't do it, I just drill the back nuts off. :cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to jaw dropping spanner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock