Search the forum,

Discuss Jobs following other plumbers work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I seem to be getting ridiculous callouts nowadays.
Today I finally got to a leaking stopcock job that the house owner has been chasing me to fix.
No big deal, - just needed cleaned up, greased and packing nut tightened back in.
Odd thing is plumbers have just finished installing a new bathroom and after turning the stopcock have created the leak. :eek:
Aren't customers strange? It would be same as me giving a mechanic a full service job on my car and the next day taking it to another mechanic to tighten the oil bung the first guy hadn't done.

I can tel you not just you .. im flat out till Christmas and have to finish a Bathroom refurb by monday next week. Get everyday call outs which is fine with me but looking forward to have time off with loads of food and family around me :)

I am too busy with the extra callouts, many of which are boilers not working. But it is not them that are the worst problem.
I find the callouts to fix work recently done by other plumbers, both baffling and insulting when the customer was well aware I could do the work in the first place.

I am too busy with the extra callouts, many of which are boilers not working. But it is not them that are the worst problem.
I find the callouts to fix work recently done by other plumbers, both baffling and insulting when the customer was well aware I could do the work in the first place.
Agree totally , I seem to be getting more and more of following someone else which while it all helps to pay the mortgage, is annoying as they never want to pay a lot as already paid once and expect you to jump through hoops to get to them.

Agree just finished a bathroom that there plumber spent less than a week on in 3 months

It is a hard one to call about whether we should bother going in after other plumbers work.
Some customers treat you like their hero and as a true professional for fixing shoddy work, but others have had a bad experience with the previous plumbers and seem to be suspicious and venting their anger with the next man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Jobs following other plumbers work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Hello, Around 2 years ago we had a very old, leaky Baxi combi replaced with a newer Baxi. For background I live in a 3 storey terrace. First floor has 3 rads, second floor has 4 rads and third floor has 2 rads. We noticed problems with noise and air in the system. One of the rads in the loft...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am hoping that I can pick your brains again. I have just installed an Ancona 1800mm high and 10 double columns wide radiator. This radiator was moved to the other side of the room, and I have had the floorboard up to extend the pipework using push fit with copper for the down pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
This post just for interest/comment so please only read if you have time for that (Any thoughts appreciated). Following on from previous post of making good the hole in the wall that I made for the re-plumbing: Loo Cold Feed and Overflow Rework / Making Good the Wall (Part 4) . . . This post...
Replies
Views
Burger
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock