Discuss Just a show of hands!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

durhamsparky

how many of you plumbers who are Part P defined scope have under taken electrical work beyond the scope your allowed!!

not a witch hunt just curious!!

We are fully approved contractors not part p so we can do pretty much what we like but we also do a fair bit of commercial anyway

aimed mearly at the self employed plumber who needed the part p registration for bathrooms kitchen etc..!! and obviously not wanting to folk out full scope fees they opt for defined scope!

thanks for reply!

i always just get the sparky in, he even told me its not worth bothering with. hes a good sparky and knows his stuff so i just keep using him. simples, probably works out cheaper to.

were's the

'undertakes work within the scope of allowed works' button

I feel Poll worded a bit one sided

The only thing I can not do (in therory)is install a ground floor ring main and new consumer unit,why ,I do not know but seeing how I have no need or desire to do so,it does not bother me

Oh and I can not do electrical certs.why.again, no one knows, as I have to be capable of doing the same tests,pity we did not make the same loop hole on the gas side,would have made things a lot safer

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
"stick to the rules not worth it" by any chance puddles!!!

were's the

'undertakes work within the scope of allowed works' button

I feel Poll worded a bit one sided

The only thing I can not do (in therory)is install a ground floor ring main and new consumer unit,why ,I do not know but seeing how I have no need or desire to do so,it does not bother me

Oh and I can not do electrical certs.why.again, no one knows, as I have to be capable of doing the same tests,pity we did not make the same loop hole on the gas side,would have made things a lot safer

imho

Part P is only for foreign countries as far as we are concerned up here, so i dont bother with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just a show of hands!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock