Discuss Just did a 12 hour jobbing day without a break, at pace. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
My conclusion: I don't have a clue how anyone would be able to do it for more than one a few days without dying. I know very few people do, but some must.

what did you do?

It's not so bad if you are young and reasonably fit.
I used to love really hard graft. Didn't matter how tired I was - by the next morning I had recovered. Now an 8 hour day kills me unless it is easy wee jobs
I am just home at after 7 tonight, completely knackered. I can no longer work hard for a few days in a row.

Last edited:
As they say, - Only Fools and Horses work.
....and some plumbers.

I used to do that from September through to April. That's the reason I don't want to go back on the books.

occasionally, the blue and orange machine launches at night, does it bit and you end up with a long tow home finishing about 8am, just in time to go to work. In order to keep a customer base I normally carry out all the days appointments, go home cancel the next days work and sleep....................... thank gaud it only happens once a year or so :)

Up north a 12 hour day is a mornings work, its 9:30pm now and I've just got in.... £5 a day and thrashed to sleep.

Slightly related to the thread, - Looking around at other people, (those that actually do work), - how many of them do long hours or seem to work hard? Very few percent I think actually know what it's like

Come 5:00pm all the office based rat runners are queing up on the roads to get home to Pointless, never done a proper days work in their lives..

Sod doing a full day, unless you have to. Ive done enough of them!

To be fair I don't start till 9:00/9:30am but I do finish around 7:00pm or later. It suits me, I'd love to start at 7am but just can't do it. I'm terrible in a morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just did a 12 hour jobbing day without a break, at pace. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back