Discuss Just did a 12 hour jobbing day without a break, at pace. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
My conclusion: I don't have a clue how anyone would be able to do it for more than one a few days without dying. I know very few people do, but some must.

what did you do?

It's not so bad if you are young and reasonably fit.
I used to love really hard graft. Didn't matter how tired I was - by the next morning I had recovered. Now an 8 hour day kills me unless it is easy wee jobs
I am just home at after 7 tonight, completely knackered. I can no longer work hard for a few days in a row.

Last edited:
As they say, - Only Fools and Horses work.
....and some plumbers.

I used to do that from September through to April. That's the reason I don't want to go back on the books.

occasionally, the blue and orange machine launches at night, does it bit and you end up with a long tow home finishing about 8am, just in time to go to work. In order to keep a customer base I normally carry out all the days appointments, go home cancel the next days work and sleep....................... thank gaud it only happens once a year or so :)

Up north a 12 hour day is a mornings work, its 9:30pm now and I've just got in.... £5 a day and thrashed to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just did a 12 hour jobbing day without a break, at pace. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock