Discuss Just fitted K3 radaitor and the centre front panel won’t heat up in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

The UPS3 is now probably pumping at it full 6.4M head (speed 3) so next time its running have a look, or get someone to have a look in the attic, and hold a "glass" of water under the vent pipe with the end of the pipe immersed in the glass and see does the level remain the same, you don't want any air ingress through the vent, also, if possible watch the vent when someone stops/starts the pump and see if any spurt of water.

The UPS3 is now probably pumping at it full 6.4M head (speed 3) so next time its running have a look, or get someone to have a look in the attic, and hold a "glass" of water under the vent pipe with the end of the pipe immersed in the glass and see does the level remain the same, you don't want any air ingress through the vent, also, if possible watch the vent when someone stops/starts the pump and see if any spurt of water.
Hello John

I can check this in the near future. But I assume this won’t cause any flooding issues from the loft tank if it is to higher head? I can’t hear any air in the system and the pump is running quiet, indicating no air in the system.

Ben

No, wouldn't cause any flooding but you don't need any air ingress as it leads to decreased rad output, corrosion and sludge build up.

Hello,

Winter has come and finally I have a warm house with the K3 and the two smaller width K2s heating the whole house. Collectively the three rads I changed went from 4000-5000 BTU approx. To 30,150 BTU. The 1.8metre by 700mm height K3 is a beast and heats a massive space and thereby the whole house.

Would recommend K3 for cold houses or large cold spaces.

Thank you for all contributors helping with some issues faced.

Ben

Reply to Just fitted K3 radaitor and the centre front panel won’t heat up in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back