Discuss Just fitted K3 radaitor and the centre front panel won’t heat up in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

There's also a fairly high pressure drop through even the clean boiler Hx, if you wanted say 20kw output at a dT of 15C, (1146LPH) (to achieve reasonably high radiator outputs then the Hx pressure drop alone is almost 3M so doesn't leave much remaining head available to circulate the system if a LLH isn't installed.

1683796067873.png

There's also a fairly high pressure drop through even the clean boiler Hx, if you wanted say 20kw output at a dT of 15C, (1146LPH) (to achieve reasonably high radiator outputs then the Hx pressure drop alone is almost 3M so doesn't leave much remaining head available to circulate the system if a LLH isn't installed.

View attachment 83378

1.6m John 857lph at 20kw

But boiler will want dt20 and will cycle to demand that system may be designed at dt15 but boiler will regulate itself at dt20 by cycling

I thought the 20C dT was a sort of standard to compare different boilers but didn't know that the boiler would try and maintain this but difficult on a heat only boiler since it doesnt contol the circ pump. Some Vaillants have return temperature control but I rarely see it mentioned.

I thought the 20C dT was a sort of standard to compare different boilers but didn't know that the boiler would try and maintain this but difficult on a heat only boiler since it doesnt contol the circ pump. Some Vaillants have return temperature control but I rarely see it mentioned.

Yes vaillants and gloworms are the worst for it viessmann also cycle a bit if dt is low

It’s more down to pcb logic and estimates it’s take x to heat from this to this so flow rate is y etc

This shows perhaps why a K3's front panel doesn't heat up as much as the others and should also be filled very slowly?.
I have quite a few old double panel type 22s, these have only two little manifolds on the bottom connecting the two panels, nothing on the top except two bracing strips of welded on steel plate but both panels have separate air vents which makes them very easy to refill and get rid of the air.

1683844716197.png

This shows perhaps why a K3's front panel doesn't heat up as much as the others and should also be filled very slowly?.
I have quite a few old double panel type 22s, these have only two little manifolds on the bottom connecting the two panels, nothing on the top except two bracing strips of welded on steel plate but both panels have separate air vents which makes them very easy to refill and get rid of the air.

View attachment 83388
Hello John,
I have been sick and holiday so very distracted and haven’t got back to my thread.
But yes I do agree, I think at least with large Radaitors a heating system with excellent circulation/ pressure or at least where the K3 is fitted (such as upstairs next to the boiler). Would really help the front panel heat up, but yes the front panel does tend to be diverted around slightly.

Ben

Reply to Just fitted K3 radaitor and the centre front panel won’t heat up in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an 20yrs heat only potterton 50e boiler with 196x old house - suspended floor - designer radiators, open vent system and hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi new to the forum here and after some advise please. I have done a garage extension and need heating in the room. I am in a town house with no...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, I’m hoping someone can help as I’m getting differing advice every time I speak to Vaillant; We are refurbishing a property and installing...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a little advice so I can try and save a bit of money this winter (especially considering the new prices!) I have an...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry this is so long. I have tried to give all relevant info. We are building a new, small, two-storey house that is off grid for power...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock