Discuss Just head butted a debt collector? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JCSPLUMBING

Literally come home after having a few pints at the pub and I had a bailiff at the door demanding money from my wife regarding loans outstanding for ten plus years. She stupidly let him in just as I was walking through the door. He gives it billy big balls and I nut him over about a grand. I've got the money upstairs but God help him if he's getting it. I'm the type to pay my debts but this idiot wore down my temper. I'm sat waiting for those sirens now lol. Wish me luck

Good luck JCS.

If he was in your house giving your wife a hard time, I don't imagine the old bill will get too excited.

An over nighter in the clinc by the sounds of it lol.

What time was this? Unsocial hours is bang out of order. Plus if it's over 6 years old and no evidence of accepting the 'debt' then its statute barred, i.e unenforcable.

I don't know. But I didn't know about this debt as I'm debt free tbh. He was there tattooed up getting aggressive with my wife and didn't see me slip in the back door. I'm a peaceful man but he really riled me pushing my wife about. Thing is I've been out of trouble for about 12 yeRs and got shotgun licence etc. what would you lot do?

Your probably right Ray. I'll keep you all updated on the issue. What a nightmare!

As per Simon statute barred. The only way to inforce that now is with a court order which is un likely to have paid for if the debts only a £1000 ergo he shouldn't have been there

You see this is what happens when you don't take the mrs to the pub with you!

Hope you get it sorted JCS

The laws on debt recovery have changed massively over the last few years , gone are the days where and agent could get money with threats . If i recall they are no longer allowed to operate what is classed as unsocial hours.They can't take anything force entry or nothing basically a debt collector is pointless.The sherifs tho are a much different matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just head butted a debt collector? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock