Discuss Kitchen mixer back nut. What spanner, not one of the little ones. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi got sent to change some taps the other day, normal looking kitchen mixer except for the back nut. I know it's not something that is really unusual but what size is it, need to get a back nut spanner for it.

fba30db1072dacb9d83e3f0343436abc.jpg

Don't you have a set? Cheap enough to buy Ash.

I have the set for the normal monoblock nuts but nothing this size.

Screwfix do a set of box spanners but i could only see up to 22mm.

Reckon this must be 30ish

Hi got sent to change some taps the other day, normal looking kitchen mixer except for the back nut. I know it's not something that is really unusual but what size is it, need to get a back nut spanner for it.

View attachment 22922

Whilst I know you wont use them often at times like this a pair of outside calipers would come in useful.

Whilst I know you wont use them often at times like this a pair of outside calipers would come in useful.

+1 for this I've got a cheap set to check o'd of pipe in old houses if I think its 1/2" or 3/4"

I haven't got proper sized spanner for that nut size, but I have tightened & removed those using Footprints grips. That one in the photo has plenty of space around the nut and it doesn't look seized as threads are in clean order.

Cracking set , does big nut fit ..? £28 from tool station,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 49
You'd need to unscrew old copper tails out ,

Seen a bunch like that. I find you have to just fight it for 15 mins with grips, twisting tap and general anger. Once even just the slightest bit loose you can work it off. You could also cut the backnut with a multi-tool but won't be much fun. I had to cut that backnut off a billion year old ball valve in CWSC using multi-tool once. Those things are pretty darn useful here and there.

I have 2 box spinners one is 41-45mm the other is 41-47mm the do the these type of taps and also the click clack type of waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen mixer back nut. What spanner, not one of the little ones. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer shower valve leaked and gave way and I am looking to replace. I am looking for recommendations what...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older washer type inserts which has a dripping cold side. I have a pair of replacement ceramic inserts to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
Back