Search the forum,

Discuss Knocking on the gas safe register forum doors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jase158

Hi All,

Just passed my ACS today, whoop whoop.

(must be crazy college!!) :rolleyes2:

But I have got 2 questions

1. do any of you record your next service due dates and send out reminder letters? if so how?
2. What do you check when doing quotes?

• gas pipe sizes
  • water flow/ pressure (combi's)
  • 2 pipe or 1 pipe?
  • controls installed
  • other appliances installed
  • position of appliance, flues and ventilation requirements

[video=youtube;7xO-yEaiFoQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xO-yEaiFoQ[/video]

Well done son. ;)

Well done Jase, if you think you will forget something when quoting create your own template that you can run through stating what to check.

*you missed drain point for condense pipe

Cant be bothered to check anything just ask them over the phone odds on you wont get it these days so it saves on petrol

Hi All,

(must be crazy college!!) :rolleyes2:

But I have got 2 questions

1. do any of you record your next service due dates and send out reminder letters? if so how?
2. What do you check when doing quotes?

• gas pipe sizes
  • water flow/ pressure (combi's)
  • 2 pipe or 1 pipe?
  • controls installed
  • other appliances installed
  • position of appliance, flues and ventilation requirements

1. My computer flags up reminders about 11 months from the invoice date. Sometimes i letter them sometimes i can't be rsed. Depends how i feel or how much i liked/disliked them.
2. Auto pilot. Check what you need to check.

Congratulations btw.

I would suggest tho jase when you pass (and i assume your plan is to become gsr) to get on a gas contract for few weeks to get into a routine of what your looking for and refine the knowledge you have learned. Other wise if you leave it to long then you will be scratching your head remembering all the regs .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Knocking on the gas safe register forum doors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock