Search the forum,

Discuss Know what valve to turn , in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Brilliant.

I shall apply that philosophy in my work today.

Looks like my Employer is heading for a big bill.

Last edited:
That's quality Kris, we should all put the link on the bottom of quotes!

It does confirm that we probably shouldn't tell those that don't know which valve to turn without being paid. So I guess that's the end of the public forum then. Ah well at least there's the arms.

I'd like to think that in a nuclear power station there would be someone on-site who knows what valve to turn to avert nuclear disaster... Rather than relying on mr arrogant to come on over from Germany!

Secondly the video is obviously fake as he turns a gate valve... And we all know that gate valve would have been seized!

But it's a nice video none the less, the main point is indeed that as professionals we should get paid for what we know & stop selling ourselves cheap!

Obviously it ain't real it's just the principle of the story that's brilliant. Of course there's probably 20 guys that would know that place and valves inside out .

Obviously it ain't real it's just the principle of the story that's brilliant. Of course there's probably 20 guys that would know that place and valves inside out .

You've ruined it now Kris - I thought it was real!

Sorry it might be real , I honestly don't know , lol

There may have been 20 guys who knew which valve to close, but they were all probably running around like headless chickens (or Corporal Jones) and with tunnel vision.
Unable to think clearly and or afraid to do anything that might later cause a disaster and their own death either in an explosion or firing squad.
It's probably something they've not practised for.

Stepping in from outside with a clear head and a plan is what (allegedly) solved the issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Know what valve to turn , in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock