Discuss Lead wastepipe repair in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an issue with a bathroom basin wastepipe. As can be seen from the photos below the plastic pipe from the trap is joined by the flexi-connector to the lead wastepipe embedded in the wall of the building. The problem is that there is a crack where the red line is and a leak occurs each time the basin is used. I have not seen lead wastepipe for years – clearly it would be preferable to have the whole lot removed but this is in a flat in a large block so clearly it would be a huge undertaking.

The last joint I sweated would have been back in the early nineties and that was a lead to copper supply pipe connection (honest). But this is a rather different situation requiring a moleskin wiping cloth, a lead dresser etc – does anyone even have these items now? I cannot think of alternative to wiping the joint but perhaps somebody else mught have some advice. Anyway, thanks for any advice. :)

Attachments

• Basin pipework.jpg
    Basin pipework.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 32
  • Basin pipework 2.jpg
    Basin pipework 2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Basin pipework 3.jpg
    Basin pipework 3.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 30
Your limited to say either replace or re wipe outside and transition etc

Reply to Lead wastepipe repair in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock