Discuss leak detection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi is there any one who specializes in leak detecting only.?I am from S Africa and would like to get into this . I dont know what equipment is needed and what learning curve is involved.

I don't know to much about this, but iv heard, that if you want to do it properly the gear costs a fortune.

Also, apparently reading a thermal imaging camera isn't as straight forward as people think, you need to be taught and have experience to interpret what you are actually looking at.

I don't know to much about this, but iv heard, that if you want to do it properly the gear costs a fortune.

Also, apparently reading a thermal imaging camera isn't as straight forward as people think, you need to be taught and have experience to interpret what you are actually looking at.

You need a hammer and a bolster those are standard leak detection tools :)
What leaks are you trying to find? Hardest part is accessing a leak and making good afterwards will you be doing those jobs as well?

You need a hammer and a bolster those are standard leak detection tools :)
What leaks are you trying to find? Hardest part is accessing a leak and making good afterwards will you be doing those jobs as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leak detection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock