Discuss Leak in customer house. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the thread again he went out but the customer forgot to leave a key so he did attend. He then fell ill.

The original post says he tired to go out 2 days later. If I was contacted saying my work was leaking I’d be there if at all possibly within a couple of hours. The OP being ill is unfortunate but not really the customers problem, it’s a foreseeable event a business should have a contingency plan for. If in either instance I or someone working for me couldn’t attend pretty sharpish I’d be calling in a favour from a different firm I respect even if it meant paying for it. It’s not worth risking your reputation/liability insurance etc etc.

The customers trying to pull a fast one no doubt but that’s just being in business. I’d offer him £200 as a goodwill gesture first possibly but it’s just not with the time/effort/risk fighting it. It’s business not personal.

DF662E1F-0AB3-41E3-A33A-918E48B7D00F.jpeg

it seems to have gone quiet from the original poster so can we assume he's sorted it.

The original post says he tired to go out 2 days later. If I was contacted saying my work was leaking I’d be there if at all possibly within a couple of hours. The OP being ill is unfortunate but not really the customers problem, it’s a foreseeable event a business should have a contingency plan for. If in either instance I or someone working for me couldn’t attend pretty sharpish I’d be calling in a favour from a different firm I respect even if it meant paying for it. It’s not worth risking your reputation/liability insurance etc etc.

The customers trying to pull a fast one no doubt but that’s just being in business. I’d offer him £200 as a goodwill gesture first possibly but it’s just not with the time/effort/risk fighting it. It’s business not personal.

View attachment 40064

I have said in one of my earlier posts that if it were me I would of gone out immediately to repair the leak

But

We dont know what the customer said!!!!!

As it's an empty house they may of said no rush I have turned the water off to stop the leak. I've had leaks I didnt spot and people have isolated the iso valve before hand and then happy days no rush I go out when its convenient to them not I'm coming now.

But why? I've asked for faulty fitting and or pictures and have heard a peep from him since. Over £200 damages to vinyl and flooring and £30 for ceiling damages. Come on, we all know leaks flood the ceiling, then wall and then flooring. The guy was at it. My guess was he wouldn't wait for me so thought he would have a go himself or most likely his first attempt at fitting kitchen sink didn't go to plan. It's kitchen flooring area he is/was claiming damages for. If I pay £350 I'm admitting liability.
Park it walk away and DO NOT PAY. centralheatking

Personally I'd pay the £350 and move on with your life. It's just business, its all tax deductible. Use it as a learning experience to spot the to**ers.

A single customer badmouthing a business can cost the business £1000's.

What has tax deductability got to do with anything? It is like saying don't bother billing someone as it attracts tax.

I would never pay a penny to a grasping idiot, unless there was a genuine fault.

It appears that he has no evidence, and these days it is SO easy to take a photograph or video. I do not beleive one would move forward without doing just that.

What has tax deductability got to do with anything? It is like saying don't bother billing someone as it attracts tax.

I would never pay a penny to a grasping idiot, unless there was a genuine fault.

It appears that he has no evidence, and these days it is SO easy to take a photograph or video. I do not beleive one would move forward without doing just that.

Because in real terms that £350 is closer to £200 when you take into account tax.

How much time are you willing to waste for £200 - 250?

Personally I’d offer them a lower amount as a goodwills gesture, if they refuse that pay them, move on and do something more productive. It’s a life lesson.

I’m surprised anyone earns any money if you are all offering compensation for every little niggle that pops up

Wouldn’t you always aim to leave every customer feeling they’ve had good service?

Returning quickly to fix a niggle or doing a little bit extra often pays back massively in my experience.

If 1 in 1000 jobs try’s to scam you how much time do you dedicate to it?

Wouldn’t you always aim to leave every customer feeling they’ve had good service?

Returning quickly to fix a niggle or doing a little bit extra often pays back massively in my experience.

If 1 in 1000 jobs try’s to scam you how much time do you dedicate to it?
As much time as the OP already has. He has done what he needs to do. Job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leak in customer house. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock