Search the forum,

Discuss leak on a g-star 30si....water around gas valve connections sending it to fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogwai

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hello lads,

not been on in a while, how ya'll doin?? I went to a g-star 30si the the other day where water had somehow gotten around the connections on the gas valve sending it into fault mode....I cant see any obvious leaks though!! there's water lying all round the bottom of the heat ex around the black plastic. Has anyone ever got to the bottom of one of these leaks before??

cheers

Lots of rain lately, not come down the flue or backed up through condense?

Or a leaking sump seal...?

Check the flue seals. Seen this happen before where a Flue was jammed together without the use of silicon grease.

Lots of rain lately, not come down the flue or backed up through condense?

Or a leaking sump seal...?

I was thinking about the rain....I may cut the condense and run it into a bucket for a few days and see what happens. Is changing the sump seal a major job? thanks gassafe.

spoke to Worcester today who told me there is a rain protector for the old white flues as they know its a problem (pt number 87161116010), so gonna fit that before I try anything else on the boiler and prey!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to leak on a g-star 30si....water around gas valve connections sending it to fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the rather unusual part-time variety of a GSRE, training self-funded and slowly trying to make my way and gain experience- mainly do inspections and safety checks etc, have been on the Baxi fault-finding course relatively recently, don't profess to know it...
Replies
Views
The boiler has decided to chuck a wobbly today. If any of you kind people know a bit about boilers and heating systems I'd be grateful for a bit of advice. It's a Worcester-Bosch Greenstar 30si (gas combi). It has been working fine up until just before lunch when I turned on the hot tap, the...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone I've just joined the site and hope someone can help a plumber in need. Not been on forums before so this is all pretty new to me, if the thread is in the wrong place then apologise. I got called out to a customers house last week as the central heating wasn't working, on...
Replies
Views
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around here ‘Shy bairnes get nowt’! My children (10 and 8 at the time) were lucky enough to be given an above ground 15ft round swimming pool from some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock