Search the forum,

Discuss Leaking 15mm pipe joint in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a 15mm T-junction on a cold water pipe that has a small drip from one of the joints. It is in quite an inaccessible place (in between a ceiling and the floor above). I can get access from below but there is not much clearance from the floor above. To get access from above I would need to remove some fitted cupboards and cut a hole in the floor; the pipework also doesn't seem to have much "give".
So accepting that the optimum way would be to replace the connection is there an easier way (tape, sealer etc) that would do the job without a major deconstruction?

For a temporary fix a self-amalgamating tape will do BUT ideally you also need room to stretch it around the joint to form a tight seal.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/self-amalgamating-rubber-tape-black-3m-x-25mm/2115v

Reply to Leaking 15mm pipe joint in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I have a condensate pipe that appears to be leaking at the joint. How do I fix the leak? Would something like plumbers putty around the joint work or does it need to be some other compound? Can I simply pull the pipe and joint out and then put the compound round it Thanks
Replies
Views
S
We had water leak from the laundry sink into the cupboard below, then flow down the hole cut for the pipes (the hole was on the floor of the cupboard).. this water then went downstairs and flooded the downstairs bedroom that is directly above the laundry area. It makes no sense to me to cut the...
Replies
Views
James Auberon
J
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
There's a leak in the ceiling of my Dad's living room which is on the ground floor and has a bedroom directly above it. There's an in-ceiling speaker where water was dripping from, and there were slower drips coming from a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock