Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Leaking cistern inlet tap connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zulasmum

Hi

I've just replaced the ball float valve in my side entry toilet cistern but when I've reconnected it there is a leak where the tap connector meets the plastic thread. I'm not sure why. Could it be just that the connector isn't quite straight to the plastic thread of the float valve or does it need a rubber washer inside? I have been careful not to tighten it too much so as to strip the thread? I presume that the actual tap connector can't be damaged?

Thanks for any advice

Have you inserted the fiber washer? And or is it split? Also check you have not crossed the thread on the ball valve.

i second the fibre washer. you can see if the connector is crossed it wont be on straight.

Try fitting a Speedfit hand tight tap connector. Childs play to fit and water tight when screwed up hand tight with no tools required. Cost about £2 from Screw Fix etc.

Good call system, although I have a Speedfit tap connector in the van for this exact reason, I found the old grey Hep version even better as it had a coned washer and allowed the pipe to be a bit more angled.

Yes you must use a new fibre washer, they don't come with the new fill valves though.

Thanks, will get a fibre washer tomorrow and see if that sorts it. If not may try the Speedfit - but is it tricky to remove the existing tap connector and fit the Speedfit?

I'd just try the fibre washer, as long as the pipe meets up nicley it seals everytime. If you use the Speedfit you'll need to buy a pipeslice as you cant use a hacksaw with pushfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking cistern inlet tap connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock