Discuss Leaking/spitting from somewhere in the airing cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it was all installed when the house was new .I doubt you would get 5 years warrenty on a solar expansion vessel defiantly not on your cylinder vessel they are generaly 2. Just a heads up on your cylinder vessel , it must be checked for pressure ( part of the service ) if it isn't, it fills up with water and depending on how good the wall is that it is fastened to it can potentialy come of the wall , hit a pipe and flood your house . ( I have seen it happen )
just another reason for your service , most if not all unvented cylinders these days come with a 25 year guarantee ( providing its serviced )
You are just a little too far away for me to come over , ( its dodgy coming over to the "dark side " lol ) but as said , the original installer may be a good bet

I'm guessing from your location being the centre of the universe, your in York's lol. You don't want to dig out your passport to come over then.

I'll call the installer & see if he's doing work in this area. How often should a central heating system be serviced & what's the usual ball park charge for that?

I'm guessing from your location being the centre of the universe, your in York's lol. You don't want to dig out your passport to come over then.

I'll call the installer & see if he's doing work in this area. How often should a central heating system be serviced & what's the usual ball park charge for that?

It is strange most of Lancashire actually know where the " center of the universe " is lol .

Yep sorry again its just a bit too far, you realy need it servicing every year, thats why I suggested the original installer , but he may only install and not service . You will get loads of us guys to do the cylinder and your boiler but solar guys , especialy up here are very few . You could also talk to the solar system's manufacturers , they will use their own men or subbies and may pass a number on . Good luck .

I don't begrudge people making a little on supplying parts, but I saw an opportunity to save £180. I think it's the wrong size anyway, so I'll just have to cough up for a new one. Cheers.

I don't begrudge people making a little on supplying parts, but I saw an opportunity to save £180. I think it's the wrong size anyway, so I'll just have to cough up for a new one. Cheers.

ive seen yours cheaper than 180 any way would think if you allow upto £80 for the vessel its fine

You're spot on. Yesterday when I searched, I found one for £220! Looking again now, I can see them for £65ish. Now I'm much happier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking/spitting from somewhere in the airing cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back