Discuss Leaking/spitting from somewhere in the airing cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening all,

Last time I posted, you achieved the impossible - you managed to talk me through a plumbing fix (I'm not exactly Mr DIY).

I need some more advice if possible. We've noticed some of the stuff in our airing cupboard has got stained by rusty water & it looks like there's a leak somewhere that's spitting when the pressure builds up. I've attached a few pics to show where I think the leak has developed.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/di7hri0db18ig6r/AACS_UbfW3_qHn09Q9IXzeMBa?dl=0

Looks like the small water cylinder is the source of the leak - when I feel it, there's some flaky rust, but no obvious holes, but if you can see clear enough from the pics, there's a drip that has left a track back to the spot I'm talking about.

Do you reckon the cylinder needs replacing, or will there be more that needs doing, and is this a job for a professional? The house is only 5 years old, so I'm surprised this this has rusted through already.

Cheers for any input.

Paul.

You would appear to have an unvented cylinder. So DIY is an absolute no no. You need a G3 registered engineer to take a look at it for you. These are like bombs if done wrong.

Oh right. Thanks for the word of warning. To be honest I wasn't looking forward to it anyway, I'd have been a nervous wreck trying it. I can see on the web these things are over £200 which is a nightmare, but that's life.

I can see from the spatters on the door frame that it's been spitting with some force. Is this an urgent fix then?

Guess I better find a good plumber up here in Lancs. Thanks for the advice.

*To the Moderators, should I start a new thread in the "looking for a plumber" section, or would you prefer to move this thread to avoid duplication?*

Anyway, I'm looking for a G3 registered plumber in the Clitheroe area if anyone can suggest a good plumber around here.

Cheers,

Paul.

You would appear to have an unvented cylinder. So DIY is an absolute no no. You need a G3 registered engineer to take a look at it for you. These are like bombs if done wrong.

I think it's on the solar system mate

Op do you have solar panels ??

*To the Moderators, should I start a new thread in the "looking for a plumber" section, or would you prefer to move this thread to avoid duplication?*

Anyway, I'm looking for a G3 registered plumber in the Clitheroe area if anyone can suggest a good plumber around here.

Cheers,

Paul.

And new thread in that section is fine

Sorry, I should have said. Yes there are solar panels & the tank pictured is a Zilmet11A-SOLARPLUS.

May I ask when was the last time you had the solar system looked at / serviced also same question regarding the unvented cylinder

May I ask when was the last time you had the solar system looked at / serviced also same question regarding the unvented cylinder

Erm, embarrassingly neither has ever been serviced or checked at all. I always just kinda wait til something goes wrong before calling someone to look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking/spitting from somewhere in the airing cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock