Search the forum,

Discuss Legionella after lockdown! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Any thoughts on legionella after lockdown? When hotels, leisure centres etc open after lockdown for normal buisness would those Buisness’s have to flush through their pipes before allowing customers in. With the weather as it is and stagnant water in pipes it’s a perfect breeding ground for legionella. Open a shower, perfect to get that legionella airborne!!! What’s everybody’s thoughts?!!

I know that the local authority buildings I work in still have maintenance staff in doing their routine monitoring. If they are closed down fully then yes, they would need to ensure everything is safe before re-opening.

I would think that a lot of commercial private businesses will not even consider risks like that. I can think of a few of my own industrial customers who wouldn't give it a second thought.

There will be a lot learned during and following this situation.

There were some commercial landlords advertising for plumbers to go round their buildings whilst in lockdown.
Not sure what they were paying but was tempted to apply but didn’t fancy doing the mileage.

Not much, unless the water is stored at temperatures constantly between 40C & 50C degrees.
If the water is cooled to less than 20C for a period of time the disease is dormant or inactive.

Reply to Legionella after lockdown! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down through slab and out through deadwork into a manhole. I will work out falls from manhole and set the height of the waste water system as required. For...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably no need for me to needlessly heat hot water. My intention was to turn the boiler off along with the mains water when going away. Now, I have heard...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock